2. being less sweaty – both you and other people (especially on public transport)
3. wellie boots
4. the sensation of a sneeze
5. kissing the razor goodbye (listen folks, that extra hairy dermis is about survival. Not laziness)
6. Layers. Being licensed to look like michelin woman. Not being able to put your arms by your sides . Knowing that if a truck hits you, it’s coming off worse.
7. Christmas. By which I mean Christ -mas. Because even if you hate your family or carols or minced pies or the whole kit and kaboodle, Jesus is born and that’s the best news in the world. He is also recession/charades/eggnog proof.
8. watching other people in the rain when you’re not.
9. pyjama days. In fact, pyjama months.
10. winter words. Flakes, flurries, hoarfrosts, avalanches and tintinnabulations..